Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sponsored Review: It Works!

With wedding and beach season coming up, we all try to do what we can so we look our best, but sometimes going to the gym, juicing, and staying off carbs only gets us so far-that's were this product comes in. They're called It Works body wraps and begins with one body contouring cream infused cloth, saran wrap, and 45 minutes.
The claim is that the unique blend of natural plant based cream will target areas on the body to tighten, tone and firm-beginning with your fist wrap. The company was formed in 2001 by Mark & Cindy Pentecost who wanted to share their amazing results from the Ultimate Body Applicator. According to their website, celebrities have used this product for big events such as the Oscars and Emmys. I was pretty skeptical as these were all big claims-to get results in 45 minutes that would last-so I had to try it out for myself.


I used one body applicator in the morning after taking a hot shower without using soap to make sure there was no barrier between my skin and the cream. I measured my waist and hips so I'd have a starting point, then placed the wrap around my midsection, covering it with saran wrap to make sure it stayed in place while I got ready for work. I noticed the cream had a herbal, minty smell to it and when putting it on had a sensation similar to putting on icy hot-but not as drastic.
While I was waiting on the 45 minutes to be up, I drank about 24 oz of water. Water plays a key part in this process as it helps flush out the toxins that the cream on the applicator is supposed to pulling out of your body. After my time was up (the 45 minutes is recommended for first time users, to ensure no sensitivity to the cream but those who have used the wrap before can leave them on overnight), I removed the saran wrap, then rubbed the body wrap around to get the last bit of cream in. I measured right after taking the body wrap off and lost 3 inches from each area of the body-uh, awesome!
I went on with my day and worked on drinking half my body weight in ounces of water-the consultant recommended this because, again, its about flushing the body. Throughout the day my midsection felt a little tight-like after doing an intense core workout-but not bothersome. The best results from this wrap should come about 72 hours after you take the body wrap off so for the next three days I continued to eat conscientiously and drink water-avoiding too much caffeine and alcohol (these are things that I had been doing, prior to trying the body wrap).
The morning of the third day, I woke up and measured myself about the same time that I took off the applicator on the first day. I noticed a little swelling on the second day so I was almost back to where I was before the wrap but my end result was 3 inches off my waist and 1 1/2 off my hips. I was happy with those results and noticed a little tightening in my stomach. After carrying my son very low, and he was a good sized baby, my midsection is still a work in progress but with the It Works! body applicator, I'm a little bit closer.

These are not my results

This is by no means a quick fix on its own but really will help if you're using them in conjunction with healthy eating and working out. Sorry, you can't just use the body wrap and then eat whatever you want and do nothing but still expect to see results. This product is an aide to help you get the body you want. It may help you be a little more confident on the beach in that two piece or help you fit into that dress for your cousin's wedding but those results are because you put in the hard work and the body wrap is just the finishing touch. When used properly, you will get results, and with maintenance, you will keep those results. You can do body wraps every 72 hours, but the company also carries a wide range of products to help you look after that new hot bod. The wraps can be used on any area beneath the neck (other special wraps have been developed for your chin area) so you can really target different areas of your body.
Contact a local distributor in your area or you can use my contact with the company: Alex Willauer at http://abw.myitworks.com

*The products used for this post were sent to me by the consultant listed above. I was under no obligation to review this product favorably nor have I been paid for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment