Friday, April 4, 2014

If I Could Only Have 5

If I lost all my makeup and I could only buy 5 things to replace everything I lost, these are the items I'd buy.


Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in R.S.V.P. ($20 for .16 oz) is a gorgeous pinky champagne that I use as a base for other shadows and as an all over color for days I'm doing a quick look. This didn't crease on me for a good 6-8 hrs, and I have rather oily eyelids. This was just enough color to show up on my skintone but not too much that it looked odd going from eyelash to eyebrow. The creamy texture is easy to work with your finger, which made it easier to pack on the product, and brush which would give me a sheer shimmery look.
*this is the old packaging

Buxom's Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian ($19 for .14 oz) is a nude with quite a bit of pink undertone that gives me a nude lip without looking dead. The consistency is a little tacky without being too sticky, and it's got a pleasant light mint flavor. Buxom says that it should have a light plumping effect but I've never really seen this, nor do I actually buy it for that. The tube pictured is my third and we all know how many lip products I have so I think this truly speaks to how much I love this lip gloss.

Milani's Baked Blush in Luminoso ($8.49 for .12 oz) gives me the most beautiful peachy glow that I love to wear during the summer. When tanner, it works as a blush highlight, but for my normal skintone it just gives me a healthy glow without looking flush. I've found that I like blushes that lean more peachy than red, but not too orange. This delivers well, the shimmer doesn't look too juvenile but diffuses light for gorgeous youthfulness.

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in Black ($18 for .33 oz) gives me what I want with my eyelashes-MORE! It gives me a fuller, lusher set a of eyelashes and without drying out the delicate hairs that frame my eyeballs. When I wear this, I often get asked if I'm wearing false eyelashes and who doesn't love that? It has a full bristle brush-pretty standard without a lot of bells and whistles but that seems to be what my lashes need. It's easy to remove with a cleanser or remover, but doesn't completely leave you when things might get...emotion...though I would go swimming while wearing it.

Hourglass Ambient Lightining Powder in Luminous Light ($45 for .35 oz) is the newest of the bunch but I've fast fallen in love with how good it makes my skin look. It diffuses light to give my skin the look it has in flattering light (think those soft lenses they used in the 80s for any close up on any woman, but in a good way) and helps to blur your imperfections (mine is larger pores). I can use this over bare skin or foundation-it looks good either way. This is a product that is worth the hype and I can't say I regret one penny I spent on it.
From Sephora's description to give a little more info: "Create your perfect light. Ambient Lighting Powder is a groundbreaking collection of finishing powders that capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on your skin. Unlike traditional powders, which merely cloak imperfections, Ambient Lighting Powder utilizes photoluminescent technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion. The powders deliver a multidimensional luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer, younger, and lit-from-within. The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography."

If you lost all your makeup, what 5 products would you want back?



No comments:

Post a Comment