Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Current Obsession: NYM Dry Shampoo

Have you heard that washing your hair every day is bad for it? Shampoo can strip your hair of it's natural oils and lead to dryer hair that's more prone to breaking. I try to wash my hair every three days or so but with shorter hair I have to fight that oily look on day 3.
I've heard of using baby powder, but today the market is absolutely flooded with dry shampoos-both from big brands like Dove which has a whole host of products to smaller brands like Batiste which only does dry shampoo.
With a dry shampoo I look for several big things:
1. That it actually refreshes my hair (soaks up the oil without clumping)
2. That it smells nice
3. The actual powder is either colored or easy to brush out (since I have darker hair)

And I have found one that delivers on all three points!
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo (around $6 for 7 oz, depending on where you buy it) is not only my current obsession, but my current life saver!


The nozzle top gives you a continues spray, evenly dispersing the product on your roots and sits comfortably under your finger. It leaves little to no powder residue, I only see it if I spray an area heavily and even then it just brushes out easily with my fingers. It soaks up my excess oils and makes my hair look refreshed-almost freshly washed! It has a clean, sweet smell that doesn't cling permanently to your hair, nor will it overpower your perfume. I would recommend buying a travel size ( $2.99 for 1.6 oz) as you may need a touch up towards the end of the day to keep you going through the evening. I've tried quite a few dry shampoos, especially once I got bangs, and this has become my Holy Grail dry shampoo.
An extra plus-you can recycle the container once you're done!

Have any of you joined the dry shampoo train? What's your favorite dry shampoo or product to use between washes?

No comments:

Post a Comment