Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Eyebrows: The Curtains for the Eyes

Eyebrows can be one of the trickiest things to master-when it goes wrong, it can go very wrong.
If you haven't ever, I would recommend going to get your brows professionally done and shaped, then once you've found a shape that you like and suits you, all that's left is maintenance.
As I've gotten older, my brows have thinned a little but gotten much blonder so in certain lights it looks as if I have bald spots! Here you can see the undone brow on the left and my done brow on the right.

Here are the tools I use to maintain my brows for every day
I use E.L.F's Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium ($3), a lash comb, a thin eyeliner brush, and an angled eye shadow brush. I also exfoliate my brows to make sure there's no flaky skin underneath (not attractive).

I begin by brushing through my brows with the comb so the hairs are all going the same direction and are laying flat. Then I go in the the thin eyeliner brush and wax and fill in between the hairs to make them appear fuller. The wax will also help keep the hairs in place.


Now that I've filled in the brows, I want to make sure the wax stays in place and that the last areas of skin showing through are covered so I use the powder and angled eye shadow brush to go in, working from the inside of the brow out so that any fallout will be easy to wipe away. The powder also gives a more finished look to the brow.







An easy way to make sure that your brows have a natural shape is use the stick trick-the inside of the brow should line up with the outside of your nostril, the outside should line up with your nostril and outside of the eye, and the highest point of your arch should line up with your cornea when you're looking forward.







On days that I'm running late or just doing a quick look, I will use a Ben Nye Eyebrow Pencil ($6) in Dark Brown and swipe Maybelline's Great Lash ($4) in Clear. 

What do you do with your brows? Have you ever tried colored brows like red or blue?



No comments:

Post a Comment