Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Nighttime Skincare Routine

















At night I like to take my time and really cleanse and pamper my skin. This helps get rid of not just the makeup, but everything I walked through during the day and that attached itself to my skin. It also helps keep my skin balanced, clean, and as I get older, preventative measures.


First I do the cleansing by starting out with Boot's Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm ($8.49 for 2.3oz) to loosen all my makeup and take most of it off. You can see a full review of this product from my blog here: Take It Off!
Next I use Sephora's Triple Action Cleansing Water ($12 for 5oz or $20 for 13.5oz) to just make sure I get every last part of my makeup up, especially my mascara and liner. I like to use a cleanser after, just to make sure I've gotten down as far as I can and currently I'm using Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel ($12 for 8oz or $20 for 16oz) which doesn't foam but helps clean out my pores without totally stripping my skin. Last I use The Body Shop's Seaweed Clarifying Toner ($12.50 for 6.76oz), swiping it all over my face as a finishing touch before I move into my moisturizing.


This is where I do most of my preventative skincare, beginning with Dr. Dennis Gross's Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution ($85 for .5oz) which packs a punch with plant based acids that protect against aging from UVA and UVB exposure, retinol helps turn over cells and smooths fine lines and wrinkles, and bearberry to brighten skin. When I use this regularly, I can see a difference-less dullness, but the big thing is that this will help prevent those fine lines and wrinkles from developing further. When it comes to skincare, I tend to spend a little more to get quality products. Dupes are great for makeup but when it comes to skincare, paying for the real thing truly is worth it.
Next for the skin around my eyes is Dr. Dennis Gross's Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum ($65 for .5oz) which i dab with my ring finger all around my orbital bone, up right under my lower lid, and over the bridge of my nose. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way!
After my Dr. Dennis Gross solutions have had a few minutes to absorb properly to my skin, I slap on a little Vitamin E Moisture Cream from The Body Shop ($17 for 1.7oz) to give a little more moisture overnight.


My last steps are L'Oreal's Concentrated Lash Serum ($14.99 for .18oz) on my upper lash line, squeezing my eyes close to transfer the serum to the lower lash line. I like to use this periodically to keep my lashes as full as I can. Then its a little something for the lips, currently The Body Shop's Honeymania Lip Butter ($6 for .3oz) for smooth, sweetly scented lips that will be ready the next morning.

To see where each item came from, click the link of the price and it'll take you to where I purchased these items, if you're also interested.

Now I'm ready for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment