Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Take It Off!

Oh the many ways to remove your makeup! On my bathroom counter I have everything- cleansing milk, oil, dual phase, cold cream, wipes- and yet another item has joined the ranks: cleansing balm.
Recently it seems like this solid counter part to the cleansing oil we've all seen and may have tried has taken the beauty world by storm. Over the years I've seen reviews here and there on cleansing balms like the rather popular Emma Hardie balm in the UK, but they never seemed as popular here in America as other parts of the world. But that has changed.
Clinique came out with a cleansing balm in their "Take The Day Off" line and it seems to have created quite a few believers. While waiting for mine to come in the mail from Sephora, I picked up Boot's Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm (say that 5 times fast) from my local Target for $8.49 and it has made me a fast believer.

Clean, simple plastic container with traditional screw top



Similar to using a cleansing oil, you use it on your dry face by massaging it in to break up the makeup, it melts right on the skin, and then taking a warm wet washcloth (there is one included with this particular product), you wipe away the makeup and nourish your face at the same time. I feel like the balm encapsulates the makeup and when you use the wet cloth, it rolls it off your face. After my skin feels absolutely smooth and moisturized! This would be a great option for those who have dry skin or just need a little extra TLC because of winter weather. Boot's balm has shea butter, rosehip and jojoba oil in it which soak right in. I think this is a great find, especially for the price and as an introduction to cleansing balm.




A solid at room temperature


Scooping out a tiny amount, you don't need much to do your whole face


Melts with your body heat so you can work it into the skin


So what's so different about the balm versus the oil? The biggest thing is it is easier to travel with (no spilling) and I feel like I can regulate how much I use better. The other thing I noticed with the Boot's Cleansing Balm is an absence of mineral oil-if you like to avoid using that in your skincare.

Have you jumped on the wagon and tried a cleansing balm? I'd also be interested to hear from readers outside the US on your take on this kind of product and what's available in your area! The comment section is open to anyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well that's kind of cool! I didn't know such a thing existed. I'm sooo nervous for mine to spill over my collection. Especially my baby naked 3!

    The new layout is cute but the font is kind of hard to read. Albeit, I am a liiiiittle bit blind. Okay, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, its kind of fun to dig into, and I think of it as a little massage for my face after a long day.
      I have a baby Naked 3 too! Do you have any of the others or is it your first?

      I changed the font, let me know what you think!

      Delete