Monday, March 3, 2014

Reader Request Review: Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge

Garnier Fructis has come out with a lot of new products over the last few months and the Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip is one of them. A leave-in conditioner, this fruity, foamy, lightweight product is supposed to give you hydration without being heavy. I have very thick, coarse hair and I tend to use a deep conditioning mask two to three times a week to keep it healthy. Outside of the shower I like to use oils but I set them aside to try out this leave-in and see if it could keep up what my heavy duty oils have been doing.



For $5.99 you get 5 oz housed in a plastic green and blue pump top bottle. Combining the properties of goji berry, passion fruit, and kiwi, this leave in conditioner is not a cream but a foam which you use 2-3 pumps of on damp hair and style as usual.


The first thing I noticed was the fruity smell that will overpower any shampoo you used in the shower. I love the scent so don't see it as a bad thing, but if you're sensitive to smells-passion fruit and kiwi in particular-you may want to rethink using this product.
The foam helped to evenly disperse the conditioner-I flipped my head upside down and used a bulk of the product at the ends of my hair where it's the driest. Using a wide tooth comb I combed out my hair and left it to air dry. I didn't notice a difference until my hair had thoroughly dried, but then I did notice it was softer, without any residue. The next time I used a blow dryer to see if the effects were any different. I still got a few fly aways but my hair still held in the moisture pretty well. The best thing about the foam is how easy it is to get through all part of my hair, the under side and ends in particular.
The biggest difference I've seen is using the moisture whip over the course of several weeks. My hair is less dry and less prone to split ends. I used this with different lengths of hair and had to make sure I adjusted accordingly. Too much and the product gets sticky and makes my hair look a little too 90's piecy. I think this would work well for people who have thick, dry hair like, me or those with fine, dry hair-its lightweight enough that once you get the product to hair ratio down you'll get what you need without being weighed down.
Considering the price point, ease of use, and fruity smell-I like this product. I've used Garnier Fructis products here and there but have never really liked any enough to repurchase. This one may be the one that makes it back in my basket when I run out. Summer is around the corner and I like to avoid using anything heavy in my hair as much as I can so, Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip seems to be perfect for warmer weather.
Have you tried this product? What do you rely on to keep your hair looking healthy? 

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo hapy that you took the time to try this product. My hair is fibe rather than coarse so when i first started using this product I was worried it would weigh my hair down like so many other products do. Thankfully, this leave in conditioner is lightweight and has consistently left my hair shiny and smooth. With this product, my split ends are less noticeable and my curls are extra bouncy. Thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did like this Alex! Thank you for the suggestion-I would have never have tried this if you hadn't mentioned it.

      Delete