Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pacifica

You ever feel like you just need a day at the beach? Do you want to add more vegan and cruelty free beauty in your stash? What if you could have both?

I was introduced to Pacifica through their candles, a product that brought them their first bit of success, in the scent Tuscan Blood Orange many years ago but have grown to love their whole line of products. Started by Brook Harvey Taylor and her husband Billy Taylor, they wanted to bring natural, wholesome fragrances to the market. With options like Mediterranean Fig, Waikiki Pikake, California Star Jasmine, French Lilac, and Hawaiian Ruby Guava the range is wide enough to have something for everyone.

Besides the candles that I love, I've used several other products that I've fallen in love with.

The solid bar soap ($6) is bio-degradable, gives a rich lather (especially with a pouf), and leaves your skin beautifully scented. -My favorite scent is the Hawaiian Ruby Guava which is lushly fruity with bright guava notes. When I close my eyes, this is what I think the color pink should smell like.

The body wash ($10 for 8 oz) is sulfate free, is moisturizing, and will give you bunches of bubbles! My current favorite is the Tahitian Gardenia which isn't old-lady floral but a fresher version with almost a hint of lemongrass underneath.

The body butters ($15 for 8 oz or $7 for 2.5 oz) have shea butter, almond oil and safflower oil along with the beautiful fragrances. The site claims that it could fight signs of aging but even if it doesn't, it does a bang up job at keeping my skin soft. I like the Tuscan Blood Orange which is a juicy sweet citrus scent.

Alight Mineral BB Cream ($16 for 1 oz) is a sheer, self adjusting cream that gives me a natural finish and dewy glow and has a light, floral fragrance. They just started selling this product on its own, previously they only sold it in the skincare kits. If you want to try the BB cream but don't want to commit to a whole tube and want to try a few different products, they have three kits:
The Good Karma Kit ($22) that has 1 Sea Foam Complete Face Wash (.7 oz), 1 Dreamy Youth Day and Night Cream (.7 oz), 1 Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream (.34 oz), and 1 Guava Berry Color Quench Lip Tint (.15).
The Wanderlust Beauty Set ($22) has 1 Alight Multi-Mineral BB CREAM (.34 oz)
2 Coconut Water Infused Mineral Eye Shadows in Treasure and Mermaid Aqua and 1 Color Quench Lip Tint in Sugared Fig (.15 oz).
It's a Beautiful Life Natural Skincare Collection ($19) has Purify Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes (10 ct),  Dreamy Youth Day & Night Face Cream (.7 fl. oz), Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream (.15 oz) and 1 Color Quench Lip Tint in Blood Orange (.15 oz).



If you want to actually have a fragrance to wear, you have three options-spray ($22 for 1 oz), roller ball ($12 for .33), or solid organic soy and coconut wax perfume ($9 for .33). I've had several of the rollers and they come in a pretty glass vial-prone to breaking but look nice on your vanity-but I really love the solid perfumes. They travel so nicely and I find that the scent lingers longer in the day. I like Pacifica's solid scents for the summer, so when my skin heats up the fragrance is released over and over again. Plus, I don't have to worry about it spilling in my purse or breaking while traveling.

You can see from this Snapshot Sunday picture from a few weeks ago, I'm rather in love with the solid perfume- 12 of them line the cake stand where I keep my perfumes. 

Ipsy included the body butter in some of the bags this month (not mine) but there is a general code for 20% off any purchase at www.pacificaperfume.com, just use IPSYGIRL.
*Offer valid thru 4/15/14. One time use only and cannot be combined with other offers. Valid only in the continental US and Canada. Free shipping on orders over $50.
Pacifica does ship to Australia, Germany, France, Canada, the UK, and US.

No comments:

Post a Comment