Thursday, February 20, 2014

Soaping up

I do a deep clean of all my makeup brushes at least once a month but in between those deep cleansings I have a quick trick to keep most of the brush gunk at bay.
 Burt's Bees soap bars! For $5, this thing will last you eons. Currently I'm using the Mango & Orange Energizing Body Bar which has mango extract, orange oils, and cocoa seed butter which make my brushes smell good and keeps them soft, but also, the citrus in this bar is very good at breaking down oily makeup.

I've had this bar over a year and you can see how little I've worn it down!
 
I can do a brush or three in the morning without taking too much time.
 First, wet the brush and the bar under running water.


Swirl the brush on the bar-this creates bubbles, gets the soap in the bristles and loosens whatever is stuck in the hair.


Now swirl the brush on the back of your hand, place it back under running water.


I do this two or three times, rinse, soap up, rinse again until I've gotten most of the makeup out of the brush and the water runs clear.

Then I set them aside to dry and voila! the next morning the brushes are clean and ready to go.

• Bath soap is infused with Mango Extract, Orange Oils and Cocoa Seed Butter
Read more at http://www.burtsbees.com/Mango-Orange-Energizing-Body-Bar/01180-00,default,pd.html#BuUHSJhyeBTlV2F8.99

No comments:

Post a Comment