Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March Ipsy Bag

The theme for this month's bag is "Destination Beauty" and Ipsy collaborated with San Francisco artist Klari Reis to do the design for the outside of the bag.


Subscribers got four samples this month and I got bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Get Ready, NYX Love in Rio 3 Color Shadow Palette in Voodoo Love Spells, Chella eyeliner pen in Indigo Blue, and Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer.

Here are my first thoughts:

I haven't actually used a bareMinerals lipstick but I'm a huge fan of their lip gloss. This seems a pretty safe color, feels creamy and has decent color payoff. There is a very, very light mint scent, but no real taste. 




 
I was the most excited about this product but I'm rather disappointed with it in person. The three eye shadows come in plastic case with a bow over the latch, your standard double ended sponge, and just the slightest bit of shimmer (not glitter). I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but my compact doesn't actually latch which makes this a bad item to travel with. Of the three shadows, the one on the left, the champagne, is my favorite as it's a good highlight or all over the lid color. The middle brown and dark gray brown on the right are chalky and don't have great pigmentation. 





 This eyeliner is a gorgeous blue and I'm pretty excited to work this in as a pop of color on my lid. It has a tapered felt tip with a fine point and don't see this dragging my lid as the liner itself is pretty watery-but in a good way. I do want to warn you, this is NOT waterproof and wipes away cleanly.



This pinky peach toned beauty primer claims to even skintone and add a youthful glow with hydrating properties (it is water based). It blends into skin easily and doesn't leave much residue behind. I don't know about hydrating but it does have a small flecs in it to reflect light which is where that youthful glow comes in.




Swatches (L to R): NYX eye shadows champagne (can barely see it), brown, dark gray brown, bareMinerals lipstick, Chella eyeliner, Pixi Beauty Primer

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.
    Chella Eyeliner Pen

    ReplyDelete